Since we can not see it, many of you wonder what is subconscious mind and what does it really do?
The subconscious mind is the part of your brain that controls all of your automatic functions, like your heartbeat and breathing.
It’s often referred to as the “reptilian brain” because it’s responsible for our most basic survival instincts.
While the subconscious mind is incredibly powerful, it’s also limited in its capacity. It can only process information that is presented to it in a certain way.
This is why it’s so important to be careful about what you feed your subconscious mind.
If you fill your mind with positive, empowering thoughts, then your subconscious will help you achieve your goals.
On the other hand, if you allow negative, self-destructive thoughts to take root in your mind, then your subconscious will work against you.
You have the ability to choose what you think about, so make sure that you’re feeding your mind with thoughts that will help you achieve your dreams.
What We Cover in This Article
- The three parts of your mind
- Our subconscious mind controls 95% of our life
- Our subconscious mind is present-based
- How does our subconscious mind get programmed?
- How to alter your subconscious mind with new beliefs
- Your subconscious mind is constantly making predictions
- The benefits of having a healthy and powerful subconscious mind
- Final thoughts on what is subconscious mind
The three parts of your mind
1. The subconscious mind is responsible for all of your automatic functions, like your heartbeat and breathing.
It also contains all of our beliefs, habits, past experiences, our automatic controlling behaviors.
2. The conscious mind is responsible for your thoughts, emotions, and current decisions.
3. The superconscious mind is the highest level of consciousness and is connected to your spiritual self.
When you understand how these three parts of your mind work together, you can begin to use your mind power to create the life you desire, not the one you are currently living.
Our subconscious mind controls 95% of our life
This is the reason why we tend to have the same thoughts, emotions, and behavioral patterns. It runs on auto-pilot and is responsible for things like our fight or flight response, heart rate, and breathing.
The conscious mind is only responsible for 5% of our life but it’s what we use to think, reason, and make decisions. It’s the CEO of the mind, so to speak.
The subconscious mind is a lot like a computer and the conscious mind is like the computer operator. Just as a computer can only do what it’s programmed to do, our subconscious mind can only do what it’s programmed to do.
And just like a computer, our subconscious mind can be programmed with positive or negative thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
If we want to change our lives, we need to change the programming of our subconscious mind.
Our subconscious mind is present-based
The subconscious mind doesn’t have the ability to process time, so it only ever operates in the present moment.
This is why it’s so important to be mindful of the thoughts and emotions that we’re feeding our subconscious mind.
If we want to create lasting change in our lives, we need to focus on the present moment.
The subconscious mind is also responsible for our habits and behaviors. This is why it can be so difficult to break a bad habit.
The subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference between good and bad, so it will continue to repeat whatever behavior it has been programmed with.
How does our subconscious mind get programmed?
There are a variety of ways our subconscious mind can get programmed. It can happen through our personal experiences, the things we see and hear on a daily basis, and even things that we read or watch.
All of these things help to shape our beliefs and how we see the world.
Some of the ways our subconscious mind can get programmed are –
1. Personal experiences – Our personal experiences are one of the most powerful ways that our subconscious mind can get programmed.
We tend to believe what we see and experience for ourselves more than anything else. If we have positive experiences, they can help to program our subconscious mind for success.
On the other hand, if we have negative experiences, they can program our subconscious mind for failure.
2. The things we see and hear on a daily basis – The media is a powerful tool that can be used to program our subconscious mind.
If we are constantly exposed to positive messages, it can help to program our subconscious minds for success. However, if we are constantly exposed to negative messages, it can program our subconscious minds for failure.
3. The things we read or watch – Just like the media, the things we read or watch can also help to program our subconscious mind.
If we are constantly exposed to positive messages, it can help to program our subconscious minds change and success.
Advertisers know this and we are bombarded by it every day. Repetition of the same TV commercials, radio ads, billboards, magazines, our phone apps, ads are everywhere.
They are designed to influence our subconscious minds.
How to alter your subconscious mind with new beliefs
1. Start with affirmations – Affirmations are positive statements that you can say to yourself on a daily basis in order to program your subconscious mind for success. For example, you could say something like, “I am confident and successful.”
2. Visualize your success – Another powerful way to reprogram your subconscious mind is to visualize your success. See yourself achieving your goals and living the life you want to live. The more vividly you can visualize your success, the more likely you are to achieve it.
3. Surround yourself with positive people – Another way to reprogram your subconscious mind is to surround yourself with positive people.
If you are constantly around negative people, it will be harder for you to achieve success.
However, if you surround yourself with positive people, it will be easier for you.
4. Use a subliminal – A subliminal is a message that is delivered below the level of conscious awareness. It is a powerful tool that can be used to reprogram your subconscious mind for success.
5. Create a vision board – A vision board is a collage of images and words that represent your goals and dreams. It is a powerful tool that can be used to program your subconscious mind for success.
1. Decide what you want – The first step is to decide what you want. What are your goals and dreams? What do you want to achieve?
2. Find images and words that represent your goals – Once you know what you want, find images and words that represent your goals.
3. Put it all together – Put the images and words together on a board or piece of paper.
4. Hang it up where you will see it every day – Hang your vision board up where you will see it every day. This will help to remind you of your goals and keep you motivated.
6. Take action – The last and most important step to reprogram your subconscious mind is to take action. You need to take action in order to see results. If you don’t take action, nothing will happen.
You can use these techniques to reprogram your subconscious mind for success. Just remember that it takes time and persistence to see results.
Don’t give up if you don’t see results immediately. Keep taking action and eventually, you will achieve the success you desire.
Your subconscious mind is constantly making predictions
Sometimes we will get a feeling about the future based on our past experiences. This is why you have a natural sense of how something will turn out, even if you’ve never experienced it before.
For example, imagine you’re about to take a test. Your subconscious mind has already calculated the odds of you passing or failing based on your previous performance in similar situations.
As a result, you may feel confident or nervous about the test before you even start.
Interestingly, your subconscious mind is also responsible for your “gut feelings.” This is the feeling you get when you just know something, even if you can’t explain why.
Your gut feeling is a prediction made by your subconscious mind based on your past experiences.
So, if you want to make better predictions about the future, you need to train your subconscious mind. This can be done by repeatedly exposing yourself to the situation you’re trying to predict.
For example, if you’re trying to predict the outcome of a football game, watch as many football games as possible.
The more experience you have with the situation, the better your subconscious mind will be at making predictions.
And remember, your gut feelings are usually right. So, if you have a feeling about something, trust it. Your subconscious mind is probably trying to tell you something.
The benefits of having a healthy and powerful subconscious mind
The possibilities are limitless. You can achieve anything you want in life by programming your subconscious mind for success.
Some people believe that the only way to change their lives is through sheer force of willpower, but that’s not true.
You can change your life for the better by changing the way you think. And, one of the best ways to do that is by harnessing the power of your subconscious mind.
Final thoughts on what is subconscious mind
Now that you know what the subconscious mind is and what it does, you also know you can change it and allow it to work for what you want to attract. Not what you are currently getting.
By changing the thoughts, beliefs, and feelings that are coming from your subconscious mind you can create a life that you can only dream about.
Since we also know that 95 percent of everything we do day after day is coming from our subconscious you now know why its so hard to change.
You lose weight, you make a lot of money, you manifest your new home, new partner, and you are living the dream. Until your subconscious pulls you right back to where you were.
We see it happen all the time. Unless you change your subconscious FIRST you will find it very difficult to make lasting changes in your life.